Key Market Takeaways
- The mid-year numbers for San Francisco are up in both sold units and price – not a typical combination in this market that is starved for inventory.
- Popular neighborhoods such as Bernal Heights and Hayes Valley saw unit increases of more than 25 percent.
- The median price, now at $1.3 million year-to-date, is up throughout most neighborhoods for the year, and 3 percent higher than June 30 of last year.
- The quiet, park-like neighborhood of St. Francis Wood had a handful of treasured larger homes sell, bringing the median price for a home there up to $2.9 million.
- The increase in days on market and standing inventory is largely from the condominium and TIC market, where there is more to choose from, and similarly priced homes seem to be winning out.
More, now than ever, whom you chose to be your Real Estate Agent matters. Please let me know how I can help you, or a friend or family member navigate the San Francisco market.
YOUR NEIGHBOR, YOUR REALTOR.
Neighborhood level performance data